Translate

Monday 31 October 2016

Mensur Suljovic: This guy is one of the reasons i still want to play darts!!!


Hi Guys

Watching the PDC European Championship final  between Mensur Suljovic and Michael van Gerwen it reminded me of the VERY reason why i love darts and still want to play it.

Suljovic has been something of an unfashionable player over the years.  The odd quirks pre-throw, the speed, the throw itself, the 'out choices', have all seen him come under criticism, and arguably ridicule.

I though love it!!!!!

I don't want to watch  an event where everyone has the same throw, stance, posture and 'counting', how boring is that????

Mensur for me represents everything that hard work and doing things 'your way' counts for and it inspires me and reminds me that just because you don't play like 'X' doesn't mean you cant make it!

Yes he lost in the final (and MVG was terrific)  but for me the result was almost secondary, here is a guy who for years has had derision and criticism for how he plays and yet hes now 7 in the world! yes 7th!!!!!

This is a stunning achievement and irrefutable proof that you don't have to be like everyone else.

I hear he's a nice guy as well and to see his family there watching him must have been something special.

So to everyone out there with quirky throws or ticks don't be put off and think that you cant achieve what you want (in darts or life for that matter) because as long as it works its right for you!!!!!

Anyway BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Mr Suljovic and have a good week everyone

Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment